Thursday, October 25, 2007

The joys of childbirth


Last night was a long one. I got a phone call around 11:30pm. It was one of my good friends calling to tell me that she was at the hospital and the doctor just broke her water. She has been wanting me there so I got myself dressed and headed that way. She dilated pretty slowly. They kept moving her and putting oxygen on her. She finally was getting close and they came in and decided they wanted her to have a c-section due to the baby's heart rate. She wasn't happy to hear that. She really wanted to go all they way without complications. So that really frustrated her. He was finally born at 7:00am weighing in at 7lbs 7oz and 19 inches long. He is so cute! As you can see in the picture he is a screamer.
I was pretty tired as was she. We were up all night. So I guess I'm off to go see him again tonight since I didn't get to hold him yet seeing how I had to leave before I got the chance. So Check back soon as I should have some more pictures.

No comments: